How long did you use a changing table for? When did you upgrade to using something else and what do you currently use to change lo?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally most of my friends who used their changing tables till their children are too big for it or when their children stopped wearing diapers. A few stopped after a few months as their babies were too active and the changing table wasn't of much help to them. Putting a changing pad over a blanket on the worked too. After you decide to upgrade from a changing table, you can consider "refurbishing" it into something else. Here are some useful suggestions: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-things-to-do-with-your-changing-table-after-the-diaper-days-are-done-212285

Read more
VIP Member

I didn't purchase a changing table. When my baby was a newborn, it was easier to bring the mat to the baby than the other way round. When she was slightly older, we placed an IKEA inflatable changing mat on top of a chest of drawers which functioned like a changing table. The mat is cushioned with foam and safe for baby. It even doubled up as a baby napper for a while. There are many ways you can change your baby's diapers at a proper height. You could get a cot top changer, place a mat on top of a dresser or just change him on the bed.

Read more
Post reply image

I didn't purchase a changing table either. What I have is changing mat, similar to what Jamie is using. I have 1 in my room, and another in the living room so that it's convinient for me. I prefer changing my son on his mat in the living room because he's so wiggling and will do everything he can to pry himself out from my grip. In my room, I change him on my bed. I feel this is a better solution for me because I don't have much space for a chest drawer/changing table and it's been serving me quite well.

Read more

Honestly, I don't really know anyone who uses a changing table in my circle of family and friends. They usually use a mattress or a soft mat to change baby. One of my friends had 2 sets of small mattresses and containers to store and throw things away in two different parts of her home. One in the bedroom and one in the living room because most of their activities with baby takes place in those two rooms. She says it's easier than having a changing table and walking up to the bedroom to change her baby.

Read more

I did not purchase a changing table. For my friends who bought it feedback that it is actually not necessary as diaper changing/wiping can be done on bed/baby cot or floor mattress (when baby can flip). After baby knows how to flip over, the changing table is no longer safe. So the changing table probably will be in used for 3 to 4 months. If you feel there is a need to get the changing table due to backache etc., you can get a preloved one from friends or online second hand marketplace.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1863)

never used a changing table as it's a waste of space for me. I just changed my baby on my bed. I place a water proof rubber mat beneath and change baby.

i never used a changing table. it's not necessary. you can use a changing mat and that's easier.

No changing table for me. I find it much more practical using whatever i have, bed, sofa etc.

thanks