How involved is your Husband in your children's lives? I'm just disappointed that my husband doesn't seem ready to be a Father yet. He's not young, he's just like a blockhead. I tried to send him articles to read, encourage him to read up more about pregnancy and how to handle kids as a first time parents. He's excited about having kids but he's not doing anything else. I added him in Fb mummies n daddies group so that he can read those queries that mummies daddies post. Because of some complications in pregnancy I gotta quit my job. So I'm so free to Google n check things out. Like what milk bottles to buy, breast pump, milk powder, diapers, when's baby fair what to buy at the fair etc etc etc etc. So I asked him for opinion he will be like "I'll check" but he NEVER GET BACK TO ME. I ask again n again on separate days. There's a upcoming baby fair and I said the baby fair don't seem to sell the Sterilizer I want. He's like what you want ; Oh, then how? I was mad. I mentioned Hanil like 10-20 times before?!! Is he even listening. I scolded him, don't think u are the only one working now u can't don't care anything. Because next time I'll go back to workforce and I can foresee I'll be only one handling both of them (I'm Expecting twins). I'm too is a ftm but I dislike how he know nuts and still doesn't seem to be worried. I even create excel spreadsheet to let know how what is needed for mummy and babies if anything he don't know he has to ask me or Google but he didn't even read through the spreadsheet. don't get me wrong he's a nice Husband, he massage me Every night even wash my feet for me because I can't bend down to reach. How can I make him be more involve in pregnancy n get him ready to be a daddy ?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to think like you. I always wonder why my husband doesn't get involved in buying stuffs for the baby , and when we go to baby fair he seems not interested. I also sent my husband spreadsheet list of things to buy but he doesn't care and he was working overseas then. I bought every single thing on my own and setup most of the things with my parents help. It made me very moody during pregnancy. I tried to talk to my husband about this throughout pregnancy, even forcing him to go buy something for baby on his own accord like clothes is something. I must say most men are like this. Of course dramas always portray the men so happy to know the wife is pregnant and so excited . But in actual fact most men are chilled about it. Although there are exceptions. However I must say after baby comes out they will gradually change. My husband loves to buy things for baby these days even more than I do. So give your husband some time and try not to compare with other husbands. Most importantly pls don't let this affect your mood during pregnancy

Read more