How involved is your Husband in your children's lives? I'm just disappointed that my husband doesn't seem ready to be a Father yet. He's not young, he's just like a blockhead. I tried to send him articles to read, encourage him to read up more about pregnancy and how to handle kids as a first time parents. He's excited about having kids but he's not doing anything else. I added him in Fb mummies n daddies group so that he can read those queries that mummies daddies post. Because of some complications in pregnancy I gotta quit my job. So I'm so free to Google n check things out. Like what milk bottles to buy, breast pump, milk powder, diapers, when's baby fair what to buy at the fair etc etc etc etc. So I asked him for opinion he will be like "I'll check" but he NEVER GET BACK TO ME. I ask again n again on separate days. There's a upcoming baby fair and I said the baby fair don't seem to sell the Sterilizer I want. He's like what you want ; Oh, then how? I was mad. I mentioned Hanil like 10-20 times before?!! Is he even listening. I scolded him, don't think u are the only one working now u can't don't care anything. Because next time I'll go back to workforce and I can foresee I'll be only one handling both of them (I'm Expecting twins). I'm too is a ftm but I dislike how he know nuts and still doesn't seem to be worried. I even create excel spreadsheet to let know how what is needed for mummy and babies if anything he don't know he has to ask me or Google but he didn't even read through the spreadsheet. don't get me wrong he's a nice Husband, he massage me Every night even wash my feet for me because I can't bend down to reach. How can I make him be more involve in pregnancy n get him ready to be a daddy ?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think you need to appreciate your husband and not nitpick. My husband don't know what brand of stuffs my baby is using as well but he is a great dad as he is very hands on and helps out as well as let me have off days to have me time. Initially he don't even rem what brand milk powder..what the diff stages mean..what milk bottle...how to sterilize..but that's ok. Small issue those things I can manage. Of cos I do joke w him that he don't know all these brands or types. But I seriously don't mind. It doesn't mean he is not involve. Cos men don't care abt all these details. U just buy whatever you wanna get... I believe he will be a great dad when your twins arrived as I can see he really cares for u and help u massage every night.....

Read more