how do I get my kids to be confident to speak in public

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try making your kids do a lot of reading. Try making a simple script for your kids and see if they can read it with confidence. When they are done slowly see if they can byheart the script (make it very short). Once the script is byhearted, next see if they can say it to you without looking or better still make it like a game...I bet they'll start to speak confidently in a few months time. I get my boys to read in the church during mass. I'm glad they no longer feel shy. They are even able to read in school or during family get togethers.

Read more

I was really shy as a child but things improved after I started taking drama classes. My mom also made me read out my story books out loud before bed and sometimes, in front of guests. That definitely helped. Now she says I can't shut up, love attention and that I'm shameless hahaa.

Be positive! Encourage him and perhaps speak with him. Of course start with the language he's comfortable with first. Slowly encourage him and perhaps can bring him for classes which will build confidence?