8 Replies

one thing you need to understand is that it is natural for kids to have an outburst, and many times it comes across as a tantrum. since you did not mention the age, i would suggest that the first way to deal with this is to keep your calm and talk to your kid. try and understand what is bothering the child. tell him that if he shouts and cries, you won't be able to understand anything at all. if your kid does this at a public place, ignore and do not shout back. you can tell your kid that if he does not stop yelling, you will move away. do so if required and go to a distance. if this has happened a few times and you feel your child does not listen, tell him that you will stop taking him out till the time he learns to behave. instead of shouting, take away favourite activities as punishment for throwing tantrums.

With my toddler of 17 months she is teaching me more than I teach her .Tantrums are frequent but I have learned key is Diversion .To keep her calm I stay calm until she forgets the cause .I hold her cuddle her .Never ever spank or shout on ur kid in front of others .Very humiliating for them .I learned that the more I m patient the more she gets calm easily .At last I remind myself that's it's a phase .It will pass .

If the tantrum gets out of hand, ill stand there till he has calm down. The longest it ever took me was 45mins of non stop hits. He screamed non stop. I asked if he was ready to talk and he said no. So i continued waiting till he said yes, then did i explain to him. As much as possible i avoid and try to avoid things or situations which may trigger a tantrum.

How old is your kid? If he/she is a toddler, I think this article (link below) can really help you with any problems. Typically, the best piece of advice out there is to just remain calm and think about every action you take, and every word you say before addressing their behavior. https://ph.theasianparent.com/temper-tantrums-a-complete-overview/

If the child throws a tantrum in public, bring him in an area that you can talk to the child privately, as kids also feel humiliated whenever we correct (sometimes leads to yelling or spanking) them publicly. Then address the cause of the tantrum, but don't forget to acknowlege the child's feeling while doing this.

talk to your kid and don't give in. also, do not retaliate or humiliate your kid by shouting or getting angry in front of others, as it can be very embarrassing for your kid and can lead to more negative behaviour. talk to your kid calmly later and understand what the tantrum was about.

First and utmost, calm the kid down. Never flare up or shout. Then take the kid to a corner or quiet place and talk to them peacefully and find out what's wrong

Thanks! so much help and reminder! Thank you mommies!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles