How can you get to know your yaya better and bond with her? I think it's important to treat them not as a mere employee but a real person.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I grew under the provision of a nanny since my parents were both working during my elementary years. The longest one stayed with us for almost a decade until she finally decided to get married. Our family treated her as one of our members in such a way that she would not sense any awkwardness. My parents also allowed her sister to stay in our house way back her college days, bringing their family closer to us. Even if she already has her own family, she still constantly contact us for updates, making sure she will be there when me and my brother decide to knot ties with our soon-to-be partners. For me, it is necessary to make them feel your 100% trust so that they will return it with good intentions. Leaving your kids behind with a complete stranger is a big risk, yet, once handled with care, the relationship will slowly turn into a deeper bond.

Magbasa pa

My uncle would always tell me that "pakikisama" is very important, so they will feel at home and would consider staying longer. We used to have a nanny, she has grown so comfortable that she would even treat us, our family, sometimes. During day offs, she would surprise us with a box of pizza or any snacks. My grandfather has always introduced her as his niece and she has been like a real family to us. I think that's the secret. They shouldn't be demeaned at all costs and should be treated like a family. But of course, it's a case-to-case basis. Be wary of those unscrupulous ones, though.

Magbasa pa