How do we ensure that teethers n toys are clean and safe for the babies since they like put everything into their mouth?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

May be you can Consider the following when preparing to clean baby toys in a safe and environmentally friendly way. 1.Wipe toys that have been dropped on the ground or had contact with any dirt, lint, or grime with baby wipes. 2.Sanitize any durable, plastic toys, especially those intended to go in the baby's mouth, thoroughly by submerging them in boiling water. These include teething toys or pacifiers.Boil a pot of water and, once boiling, place any toys into the pot for approximately 10 minutes.Take the toys out of the boiling water and let them cool off for several minutes before handing back to your infant. Always inspect the toys after boiling to ensure they were not damaged in any way that could pose a threat to your child.Toys that make direct contact with the baby's mouth but can't be boiled should be cleaned with very hot water and liquid dishwashing soap. Make sure all soap is thoroughly rinsed off before giving the toy back to the infant. 3.Use a damp sponge to clean plastic or wooden baby toys that have remnants of food stuck to the surface. 4.Drain all bath toys of water after each use. 5.Wash stuffed animals in a washing machine if the washing instructions included on the toy affirm that machine washing will not ruin the item. Hope useful for you

Read more

Once a week for me with just dishwashing sopa under running water:-) Toys that are kept at home stays at home. When we come back from outside, we always wash our hands. I don't keep my kids' toys too clean because some germs are good for their immunity. If the toy looks "yucky" then clean it immediately. If you have someone come over to play with your kids, then wash it afterwards. But if the toy is only played by your kid at home, I wouldn't worry about too much germs :-)

Read more

I usually would wash it first thing in the morning with her bottle detergent. On some weeks, if I feel like it, I'd stick the teethers into the UV steriliser (but have to check if the toys can be sterilised first). But her teethers that stored in the fridge are always placed in clean ziplock bags so that they don't get into contact with anything else.

Read more

i only choose and buy reputable brands for the teethers and i will always wash it with baby detergent before and after giving it to my baby. Once in awhile, i will soak it in warm water to sterilise it For storage wise, I actually store it in a container and freeze it in the freezer so that it will not get contact with other food/smell.

Read more

Hi Jaslyn, After you wash the teether, you can keep it in a zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator. Bacteria grow slower in cold environment and will be safer than keeping it at normal outside environment. So far work well for me:)

Read more

Wash it frequently and as and when u feel it's dirty. Either in running tap water, or baby accessories cleanser (tollyjoy/pigeon) or using wet wipes. That should be able to address your worries. :)

I always wash them under running tap water before giving it to baby. after they are done with it, I will wash them again and put into a zip lock bag if I'm outside.

8y ago

So wash with tap water is enough?

its advice to clean before and after giving lo. Doesnt matter with baby liquid detergent or running tap water. May soak in warm water to sterlise

I always washed every new toy and teether with normal running water. and doing it everyday b4 letting lo to play with it.

8y ago

actually can use btl washer? I did tat too..

I normally wash with baby bottle liquid detergent, rinised with boiled water, dry it before passing to my baby.