my baby can't speak

How to encourage one year baby to speak

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Some babies take time to start talking so don't worry. As a child, I started walking before talking haha You can sing songs to your baby, keep singing slowly slowly in front of the baby and mouthing the words

There's mother goose club on netflix and I caught my daughter singing and bouncing to the rhymes. Play it only on large devices like the tv because small devices will cause myopia and attention distance issues

I think no need to stress over it as each child develops at their own pace. But the general advise is nt to be too obliging, so that they will be "forced" to talk if they want something

Expose your baby to songs, speak to him/her normally and try to direct attention to a specific object and pronounce the word, do this time and again. And be patient. All the best!

5y ago

Thanks I will try this 😊

Read to baby, talk as much as you want to your baby, they are learning every word and when they are ready to speak they will surprise you with how much they know!

Talk normally to kids like how you would to another adult. Sing song also can, like how you would at a karaoke session/ bathroom.

More interaction and communication between you and ur child. Sing more songs and rhymes and use actions

And describe things while you are doing it. Eg, let wash your palms, back of your hands, fingers. Etc

Keep talking(even go out also explain the things around your LO) and reading to your LO. It helps

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/when-do-babies-talk