How do you politely tell your friend that he/she is not invited in your wedding when they ask?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hahaha just say you didn't print enough invitation cards. mmm, i think this question is quite cultural also. Chinese weddings, by common execution these days are usually at a restaurant or hotel with limited seating. So like, who you pick to come would matter more because it's not a revolving door system like you come in, you makan then leave then the next guest can take your seat and eat and so on. Very different from malay weddings, where it's high volume of people, but they all sorta play rotate lol. Finish eating, leave their seats, go see bride and groom, give their well wishes and congratulations and head off from the wedding. So there would always be empty seats. I don't know what kind of wedding you're going to have, and what the expectations are from your husband/in-laws/parents/family/friends. But honestly you can sidestep anything by just saying it's not in the budget lol. Fancy restaurant dinner but only 200 guests? "Hey bae why didn't you invite me?" "Oh, we could only afford to get 200 guests and we decided to stick with just family" "Oh okay thx xoxo" Is how I would imagine the conversation to go ah. I'm a guy so most of my peers/colleagues who didn't get to attend I just tell them sorry ya'll it was a small event, bonus haven't come in so cannot book bigger venue hahahaha. But yeah, tbh i'd stick with 'we didn't plan to invite everyone/ we decided to have a wedding within our means/ my grandma gets anxiety issues with crowds that are more than 200 in number" People will understand, if they don't, then just straight up tell them your wedding or my wedding? I pay or you pay? Don't worry la, people in your life that ask these kinds of things are usually temporary, your partner isn't.

Read more