How do you deal with the situation that your husband is not real dad for your baby?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not entirely sure of your situation and am not here to judge. I think it is only fair to your husband and the baby’s biological father to know the truth. It is a tricky situation and will definitely not be easy to work out. But it is best to be handled as early as possible rather than it being revealed at a later time due to whatever situation. The betrayal and lost of trust may be even more intense with time. In my opinion, there is really no “right time” for such revelation and it should be done as early as possible. I think you will need to be prepared to give your husband time to digest and process the information. Also, consider what are your thoughts on this situation? Do you still love your husband? What do you think is the best option for you? Consider marriage counselling if both of you are open to it. Sometimes, having a professional third party to help work through issues will be better than trying to resolve things on your own.

Read more

Have you confirmed that the baby is definitely not your husband's? Have you told your husband, or the baby's real father. If so then you better come clean. I know it might seem tempting to sweep everything under the rug and hopefully no one will find out but these things usually have a way of coming back to haunt you and your family. It's not a conversation anyone wants to be a part of but it is a conversation that needs to happen.

Read more
VIP Member

Does he know that he is not the real dad? Or is it a case where he knows but your child is not aware?