How do I stop my baby from playing with/touching my boobies while she’s bottle feeding? Mom said baby also does this to her too when she’s in charge.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am not breastfeeding but my son becomes so wiggly and distracted by anything and everything during his feeds. He tugs and pulls my shirt until it becomes loose and unsightly and I can no longer wear it out of the house lol Now what I do is to give him a toy which I don't show it often to him so his hands would be busy exploring the new toy rather than tugging my shirt or playing with my boobs. So far he's almost 8 months old and it has worked each time for me unless his sister is around, then he wouldn't even want to drink at all and would want to play instead.

Read more

You can try gently pushing her hands away and telling her "no" firmly. Explain to her that it is not appropriate to touch you or your mother's breasts. Do this repeatedly and consistently to help her learn. A lot of my friends face the same problem when they are breastfeeding. Some are alright with it while others try to teach their babies not to do it (by keeping the other breast covered and offering other things for their babies to play with). I think you can also try getting her to hold her own bottle to keep her hands occupied.

Read more

Basically a child who is breastfeeding touches the mum's breast as a sense of security.It is common with most babies. When we move onto feeding them through the bottle that sense of security reduces as we are trying to make them independant, It is a little difficult to stop that immediately but you can try to give her a sof toy or soft napkin to hold and even if it persisits you can say NO in a gentle but firm tone repeatedly.Slowly encourage her to hold the bottle herself.

Read more

I hold her hand and try to do something that would divert her attention whenever she tries to touch my boobies. Sometimes I cover it with a thick cloth or any stuff so her hands couldn't penetrate. It's really disturbing. haha