How do I increase my baby's immune system? He is 6 months old and falls sick at least once a month.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Breast milk not only has unquestionable nutritional value, but it provides infants with an added level of immune protection that no commercial formula has been able to duplicate. That’s because even colostrum—the first milk produced by new mothers—contains large numbers of antibodies and other infection-fighting cells. Through breast milk, nursing mothers are able to provide their babies with a continued source of antibodies long after they deliver. As a result, breastfed babies are protected against many if not all of the diseases to which their mothers’ are immune. It is because of this significant boost in immunity that breastfed babies have been shown to get sick less often, suffer from fewer ear infections, and experience less severe symptoms when they do get sick. And while you may be familiar with the risk of uneven heating and scald burns associated with microwaving breast milk, it’s worth noting that doing so is also thought to destroy the immune properties of the milk. While we know that young infants aren’t entirely defenseless, there are many effective and practical ways for you to keep your baby healthy in addition to breastfeeding. Simple measures such as good hand washing, avoiding people who are most likely to be sick (which not only includes those who have fevers, snotty noses or hacking coughs, but also children—a group who is known to spend a great deal of time contagious with one form of common cold or another). Anything you can reasonably do that helps to limit the demands placed on your baby’s immune system in the early months will help keep her healthy and you both happy.

Read more

1) Wonders of Breast Milk - Not only does it have undeniable nutritional value, it also provides infants with an added level of immune protection that no commercial formula has been able to duplicate. That’s because even colostrum—the first milk produced by new mothers—contains large numbers of antibodies and other infection-fighting cells. Through breast milk, nursing mothers are able to provide their babies with a continued source of antibodies long after they deliver. As a result, breastfed babies are protected against many if not all of the diseases to which their mothers’ are immune. 2) Sunshine! - Growing up in a tropical climate has its perks (minus the sweating and humidity) because when sunshine hits the skin, vitamin D is formed. Vitamin D is not only needed for the absorption of calcium to form healthy teeth and bone, it also contributes to a healthy immune system. Here in Sweden, during the dark dreary days, expat mothers from countries like Singapore and Thailand always lament about the sunshine factor. They end up having to feed their children with supplements instead else their children will fall sick easily.

Read more

Yes to breastmilk! Other than that, when my baby was small, I used to make sure she got plenty of sunlight, I used to also change her cot sheets ever so often and disinfect them. Always empty out diaper bins so that there isn't any bacteria lurking around. I even put her pillows out into the sun once a week. Also make sure the aircon is serviced regularly. These are little things we don't always think about.

Read more

My baby's 6 months as well and she hasn't been ill eversince. I think it's because of the breastmilk. We even don't give her vitamins that the our Pedia gives. If you're baby is not breastfeed, I think it's best to consult your Doctor for prescrition and I believe fresh air and relaxing ambience will help. Stay away from city noises and pollution for at least twice a month.

Read more

In addition to breast milk, if you are starting solids for your baby, you can make sure he is getting a good mix of vegetables and fruits for the needed vitamins. Also, yogurt or cultured milk drink with probiotic will be good too! A healthy and balanced diet, adequate fluid and rest would help foster a strong immune system.

Read more

I heard LactoGG is really good. After taking it regularly, my fren's son hardly fall sick anymore. You may Google and find out more if you wish. My husband and me are also currently taking it.

You can give him some antioxidant juice like G3 which can helps to improve your baby's immune system. You can contact me [email protected] or 97415544 to know more about it. :)

VIP Member

I’m feeding my girl immunped. She is 26 months old now. Rarely falls sick.

thanks