Newborn with toddler at home

Hi mummies, I have a 1 month old and a 19 month old. This has been our second hospitalisation with my 1 month old, both times due to fever. Though we sleep in separate rooms and my 19 month don’t really interact with the younger sibling, younger sibling still falls sick. Are there any tips on how to manage this? Btw 19 month old is in preschool and hence he falls sick pretty often too :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

oh my. i feel you, it's just very exhausting. it seems like it's the season, everyone getting sick. my two boys get sick all of the time. i try my best to make them comfortable when they're sick. the older one i give scotts, my mil said it helps boost immunity. the younger one cant so much cos not much meds avail for him, he's 5 months now. everytime he gets sick, i'll just flush out his nose with saline and sunction.

Read more

hmm.. I didn't really separate them, both sleep in the same room. Will ask brother clean his hand after school before touching or playing with sister so far so good

how often is your 19mo sick? once a month? good to know if its typical frequency since he go preschool