How did you choose your child's name?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My son's name was supposed to be mine. When my mum had her ultrasound scans, the doctor told my parents that they were expecting a baby boy - so they ended up preparing for a boy ... Imagine the shock when I looked exactly like my dad, AND was a girl! Fast forward 18 years, my mum told me that my dad had a name in mind for my son (confirmed with blood test haha) and told me the story - I wanted to name my son Jaden, but went with Gordon because it was something my dad really wanted and I could always have another son in future :)

Read more

my son's christian name Emmanuel is by my hubby who loves and plays the flute. Emmanuel is one of the flute player in the world. for chinese name, we need to follow my fil instructions to have the centre character based on his ancestor 家谱. the last character me and my hubby chose and decide together.

Read more

I did some research based on the advice of my mom- to get a Christian name. I searched for a unique but short name as I don't want 2 or more names for my kids as we already have a very long surname and middle name as well. Now, I got short and cool names for my 2 kids.

Me and my husband searched a lot of names for a boy before my son was born though we didn't know the gender of the boy because I had already decided a name for a daughter long before I was married and when I was blessed with a daughter I kept that name.

My LO's name is Maximus and my hub decided on this name while watching the movie GLADIATOR. Maximus is a greek name which means Greatest. however while we were chatting ytd, we couldn't think of another name if we are to have a 2nd child. hahaha!!

I chose my son's name from the Bible, Ezekiel meaning 'God will strengthen' He is also one of the major prophets and a visionary. I see my son that way, I want him to have visions and goals, and God-fearing. Plus I also like the nickname Kiel. :)

8y ago

Nice name..i also have a nephew named ezekiel..we also call him kiel..

jona Lee from my cousin name Johnathan...Janice /anrica from my name Janine and anrica from father anrico..our boy name is Tyrese cause of his father's favorite actres we did watch fast and furious that night wen he name the boy 😘😘😘

I got my daughter's name from a Norse mythology. Freya is a Norse goddess of love, beauty and fertility. She has a second name which is Emery. I was supposed to spell it as Emmerie- which I got from my mom, Emma

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-9015)

I choosed my childrens name with this key points. 1. Short, simple and easy to remember 2. A name that will make them proud of themselves when they grow up 3. A name with a significant meaning to our life.

Read more