How did you choose you child's name?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Before giving birth to my first child, I decided to give him just one name instead of the usual lengthy names of kids these days. My maiden name and my husband's last name are already too lengthy and not so common, so I thought it would not be helpful for my child to have more than one name especially when he goes to school for the first time. My mom suggested that I give him a Christian name, and so I searched for all baby boy names starting with the letter C (my name starts with C as well). I found the name Carsten which means Christian in English, which also happens to be the name of my older brother whom we consider our angel in heaven since he was 4 years old.

Read more

Well, I like unique names to avoid similarities with others (especially NBI processing, my very shallow reason after all hehe) But I made a list of names from the combination of my parents' names and my inlaws' names, thus I created a 2-word name for my daughter, Andrelle Felisse. From my parents' names Noel & Fe and my in-laws' names Fidelito & Tess. :)

Read more

I love names that are short and unique. My partner plays a lot of video games and he loves the names of certain characters. I'm actually okay with the names he has chosen. As long as they are easy to pronounce and not too weird, I'd he wants to name his child after a video game, it'll be okay.

8y ago

I have a friend he named his son RYU..and a daughter named RED..

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-9014)

All of our kids are given 2 names; julia allyson, jan alessandra, jasmine annika and josef andrei. First name starts with J, from me, the mom, Joyce. Second name starts with A, from their father's name, Andy.

We got their names from the Bible. However, for my youngest and last child, we got his father's name followed by a biblical name para daw maipamana din name ng tatay nya =)

Got my twins names from the Bible and something which is totally uncommon. Jedidiah (other name of King Solomon ). Hadassah (other name of Queen Ester )

My spouse choose from anime character the he like it from games, when i searching the meaning, it has good meaning as well.

I loved unique names with unique spelling. I always ensure the name doesn't clash with anyone near me or my friends

Just thought of a name without vowels. My daughters second name is from my nickname.