Fussy eater

How to deal with fussy eater ? My little boy 15 months old weight only 8.1 kg . Recently doesn’t eat anything except mou tou or bread He only drink little milk a day around 150ml only He is not bid eater and since baby he doesn’t like milk Recently dietician suggest give him even chocolate milk or strawberry milk but I still doubt on it Any mummy here experience same situation , any suggestion ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I feel you! My younger child wasn’t into food at all and it was so worrying. My tip is to keep offering a variety of finger foods so that he can self-feed. If he likes bread, let him eat that, and continue to offer other food with bread eg cheese. Or you can bake healthy muffins or bread (if you have a bread maker, it’s easy) and put ingredients inside eg carrots, bananas, spinach.

Read more
VIP Member

have you tried letting your child self feed? using nice utensils might trigger some interest, explore various recipes, and always eat together with him during meal times. at 15 months maybe he is interested in your food, and you should be able to be eating same thing, less seasoning for him if this is one of your concerns.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi hi, you can try getting some sweeter fruit or vegetable like sweet potato and make it like a spread to the bread or mixed it with their milk. Or can try banana milk and if he like it, you can try adding cereal (like how we eat our cereal with milk but add fresh fruit in for your boy).

VIP Member

My boy will reject blend food. He have been on adult diet since 1 year old. Of course if too salty i will rinse w water. But ever since i changed his diet to adult food his appetite increased from 5-6 spoons to half a small bowl.

VIP Member

Can i ask if you did try giving tasty food? Or bland taste food? Coz now my LO 13mos old will refuse to eat if bland food.

VIP Member

you can try making the food with colors. like carrot and broccoli noodle soup with fish.

VIP Member

u try to make your food more appealing or decorate on plate which might attract kids