How to deal with a family member with depression and anxiety attacks and doesn't take medication?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Ouch! Para pa lang ako =( well for me mahirap talaga yun. Kailangan matyaga ka sa pagremind to take meds. Buti na lang may husband understands me. Never insist on something pag talagang ayaw. Kasi mahirap din yun pinagdadaanan namin na minsan hindi maintindihan ng iba yun panget na effect ng gamot. Minsan para kaming high. May ibang meds na tulog na katawan mo pero ang utak namin sobrang gising. Hindi po madali ang pinagdadaanan namin lalo na sa mga meds. Talagang pang unawa at mahabang pasensya. P.s. I am diagnosed with anxiety/panick attacks.

Magbasa pa
5y ago

Same sis. Hirap at pregnant pa ako...

Before you move the person to doctor, if you happen to see that the person has an anxiety attack, try to relax the person. If there are many people around, disperse. Talk to the person in simple way. Do not complicate things with any reasoning. Try to relax him by being supportive and being there. Say things that are motivational, and help in lifting his self worth. Please go through this link, you may find it useful. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/helping-someone-during-a-panic-attack-topic-overview

Magbasa pa

Hi, I would say that dealing with a person who is depressed is different than with a person who is depressed and having anxiety attacks. You can not deal with a person who is having anxiety attacks at home. Sooner or later you will have to take him to the doctor. So, why wait and watch, seek medical attention before the anxiety attacks get worse.

Magbasa pa

If you can ask him to go out and do some bonding moments, please do. Usually, anxiety attacks occur when a person recalls sad memories. So got out, watch a movie, eat, go to arcades or go shopping. they will help.

One of the most effective ways is to recommend relaxatiob music for the patient.