How to deal with 4 month old sleep regression? Before this sleep regression set in, Bedtime is 8pm and I'll dream feed at 9.30pm. He will wake up again for feed at about 2am and around 6am. He used to be able to fall asleep in his cot by himself (with a night light in the room) or at most, with the use of a pacifier. Ever since about 1 week ago, he'll wake up shortly after putting him to sleep at bedtime and wake up many times throughout the night. Latching him to sleep, co-sleep, sleep nursing, pacifier, turning off the night light all doesn't work. I even tank him up with expressed bm, doesn't work too.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

While sleep regression can be frustrating for the parent, it's also a reason to rejoice because it means your baby has reached another developmental milestone. Your baby is now cycling between deep and light sleep, much like an adult does. Since you've done all you could to help your baby sleep longer and wake up less at night, though none has worked, I would suggest to just keep doing what you do. Just put baby to sleep the way you did when he was still a newborn. He's simply adjusting - but knowing that the bedtime routine stays consistent, that is the routine he'll follow for years to come. So better to just stick to what you do, even though they're not working right now, so that when the time comes and your baby adjusts his sleep pattern again, it's really just the timing that's the issue but not the actual routine of falling asleep.

Read more