How could you climb the corporate ladder higher or secure your job if you were exclusively pumping Mom who need to pump 3-4 hourly? You still need to dl your high-need baby afterwork and she may wake up every 1-2hour for comfort sucking at night? Sorry being so negative as recently was forced to quit my job by company. I did my job well too just not as efficiency as before. I can't do as late as before as I need to back home on time. I can't put more effort and more focus on work as I need to pump exclusively. Should gov do something to support breastfeeding mummy such as having more flexible time and encourage those company hire breastfeeding mummy? Really feel helpless and depressed. Why mummy have to scarify lots especially their career path?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I fully agree with you on every point. Women are always at the losing end, and employers always see those working late as working harder than those who don't work late. In my previous job, I felt I had been the subject of discrimination and was deprived of equal opportunities. I left with hard feelings when they stagnated my salary and coincidentally i was headhunted. I am now at a much better place with very flexible timing and do not always need to work late. On pumping, I once had to pump every 2 hours and it was highly stressful for me. I lessened the frequency to every 3-4 hours, and eventually reduced it to pumping only once or twice at work. As for climbing the corporate ladder, i am also working on it but I would say focus on your young child first who needs your attention. You can pursue your career ambitions when your child is slightly older.

Read more