23 Replies

I'm not yet second trimester so I'm waiting and hoping to be able to get the green light to take the vaccine in 2 weeks. It is really worrisome seeing the numbers, and I totally get how you feel about visiting the families. If you feel unsafe do take a break from visitng, you are in your last stretch after all! My FIL is a taxi driver who is forever coughing at the table, and they do not have the practice of using common utensils for dinner, even though I had hinted many times it's more hygienic to do so. Other members of the household work outside of home as well so the risk is quite high. I don't know how to bring it up that I am uncomfortable visiting them, especially if I am fine to continue visiting my parents (they are retired and cooks at home; they are also super conscientious about hygiene now that I am pregnant). Unfortunately I may be leaving it up to chance and hoping I will stay safe until I can get fully vaccinated.

I'm 18 weeks and unvaccinated as well. i asked my gynae twice and both times she recommended against taking due to insufficient data on long-term effects on unborn baby. due to the rising cases and unlinked cases, we also stopped visiting our families in the meantime coz like what u said, we can't control who they meet and where they go, and they are all vaccinated. it's definitely very hard but i think we need to take more extreme precautions if we are pregnant and unvaccinated. now we also try not to go out even for food and groceries. we try to order in for food and we always get delivery for groceries. but my husband does need to go to work so no choice on that. he will shower immediately when he comes home and limit interactions with his colleagues.

Nope, I totally understand how you feel. I think we just need to make it clear to our families and seek their understanding. After all, we are just trying to protect baby and ourselves. We are staying with my folks now and they are frontliners. Even my hubby is vaccinated. I am rather stressed up since the recent increase in cases in the community. But I just try to wash hands more often and I hardly even leave home. If I do, I shower once I reached home. Praying that we will be safe! I’m currently 31 weeks and unvaccinated. Planning to do it after confinement.

Yes, my hubby still goes to work and out go. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable with him going out, especially if it is just meeting friends. But later, I just told myself he also needs a breather. Just got him to shower immediately when he gets home.

Hello! I am currently 19w and unvaccinated. While he is not saying absolute no, my gynae is not giving the green light due to lack of information and studies on long-term effects etc. It's "up to us ultimately to take the risk" - my lifestyle is similar to yours, except that I even avoid grocery shopping or food. We just order in. I have not met my in-laws since mid June and I've also stopped going to my parents' because their work is customer facing. Hope your family members will understand too ❤️ take care!!

I dont recommend taking vaccine. People around me had been pressuring me. I’m not pregnant I’m breastfeeding! I dont believe in the vaccine! We are just equipment for the rich to earn money! More people use their vaccine they earn more! (Stock prices) then right so many people take the vaccine still get covid so. I dont see a difference take or dont take! I will just shut them up “it’s my choice my body! None of your business because whether I die or not will not be your problem”

Im unvaccinated too, and plan to take after giving birth. Now at 28 weeks. I try not to go out so much except for work. I didn’t even visit our family as they’re vaccinated and they go out frequently. The problem is, my in law keep visiting us weekly. Every Sunday definitely will show up and we cannot tell them to don’t visit us. Hoping that they will think of their daughter in law is pregnant and unvaccinated, and stop visiting for now. Sigh

My gynae didn't push me to take. She just say do whatever is comfortable. Im currently 37+wks. Stopped visiting families since last week when cases become high. What you can do now is make sure you mask up properly if you go out. Avoid the crowd. Wash your hands and bath immediately. If can just call delivery and don't go out. When go visit gynae take car or taxi or grab. Don't take bus and trains anymore. Less exposure better.

dont need to take vaccines yet..wait till aft u give birth... i waited till aft my confinement... that tome they already say pregnant mummies cn get vacinnated aft i rejected when at 1st they do not encourage it.... just excersice extra precautions and keep urself safe and clean.... dont go out if not necessary... i think those people u visited weekly will be able to understand... take care and wtay very safe

I am 29 weeks pregnant, going out six days a week for work and visit families. Not taking vaccine but try to stay away from others on train and buses. Tried wearing two masks but very short of breath. So always sanitize and wash hands. My husband still went out for groceries and sometimes work. We cook most of our meals at home, sometimes order delivery.

My gynae has been pushing me hard to take. Nagging non stop. But im still hard on to take thinking im on 35weeks and y not wait until birth. Cos now i donwan to be hard on my body with all the symptoms that im facing right now on last trimester. I just want to chill and take care of my body well before & after birtht now. Vaccine aft confinement.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles