Unvaccinated mummies

How do you cope? 😥 I am currently 30 weeks along and unvaccinated. Hubby and I both agreed that I will go unvaccinated till birth but the number of unlinked cases now is very worrying. (and I'm someone who is rather chillax) My gynae isn't pushing for me to get vaccinated too. Hubby and I are home most of the time. We don't head out very much, not even for work. Only reasons to head out is for food, groceries or visiting both our families once a week for dinner. I am now seriously considering to cut off visits to our families as they are all vaccinated, hence the chances of them being asymptomatic is high. As much as my hubby and I exercise extreme precaution, we cannot control our families' daily activities and whom they meet. Is this too extreme? Ps. Please don't advise me to take vaccine as this will not be my plan unless gynae gives the green light. EDIT: Thank you all mummies for responding to my rant. I really feel so much better after knowing that some of you have also stopped visiting families, which means my request is not ridiculous. 🥲 Stay safe you all! ❤

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 34 weeks and not vaccinated. have to go office 5 days a week and out with parents on weekends to buy home stuff. I am scared too but I have no choice. need to protect baby. the worse part is in public people dont give seats and squeeze me. but i try to stand at non crowded places.

i am not vaccinated as well im at 27 weeks+. my gynae strongly encouraged me to go for Pfizer or modern (not sinovac) but my husband decided against and wait till after i delivered. its not easy like mentally as well (cabin fever) but hanging in there. stay safe!!

No…not at all. I am currently 31 weeks and unvaccinated too. I totally understand how you feel. It’s scary but don’t want to risk to have any complications for the baby in the future. I might have it after confinement, take care!!

Im like you too...currently 21 week pregnant and not planning to take vacine until i give birth. I dont want to take any chances of side effects. Like you i only go out to buy groceries or food and visit my parents once a week.

I didn't take vaccination till I gave birth and completed Confinement, live as per normal, didn't really avoid going out as I'm not a stay home person. I think as long as we practice good hygiene and avoid crowd, we are safe

Super Mum

Hi You're not alone. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant and not vaccinated. I am wfh so seldom go out. I am equally worried looking at the no. of cases however my gynae didn't give green light so I will not get vaccinated.

Read more

I'm 18 weeks and not taking too. i know of people having adverse effects on their menstrual cycle and don't think they are reported. so I'm not taking and trying to stay safe too. all the best to you ladies. stay safe!

Hi there, please do whatever that is necessary that will keep your heart at ease. I took my 2nd jab at 19 weeks (was forced to due to work) and still took extra precautions. do not stress yourself alright?

it is not too much. your safety should be something that they consider as well. I cut off all visits and meeting as well. Can call or do video call. I only go out for hospital appointment. All the best!

Im unvaccinated too and rethinking about getting vaccinated cos if this rise in cases but i have 2 mos to go! :(