Gestational diabetes

How common is gestational diabetes n did u end up having issues with delivery?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have to control your carbs and sugar intake. Do some light exercises, jogging or walking after meals. No issues with delivery, both mummy n baby are safe. Just bear in mind, to listen to your gynae and follow whatever instructions given. Some can be controlled by diet, some might need to jab insulin.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi... gestational diabetes occurs due to high carbs and sugar diet. It may cause pre-term labor. Please read this article for preventive measures https://sg.theasianparent.com/keeping-gestational-diabetes-under-control

3y ago

Hello I’m not a fun of sweets but I eat white rice since it’s a staple food from my country and I have no history of diabetes. will eating a lot of white rice can give me gestational diabetes? I’m 24 weeks and will have gestational test next month...

VIP Member

It’s more common if you have a family history of it. But as long as you keep to a normal diet (no excessive sugar or carbs) you’ll be fine.

I had GD but was able to deliver my baby normally. As long as you manage your GD properly, smooth delivery is possible.

I also had GDM was on metformin and insulin. I delivered baby via csect as baby's weight is 3.4kg and i am a small size mom.

4y ago

hi may I know if you had a choice to opt for or the doctor didnt give you any choice? was it elective or emergency csect?

VIP Member

I have mild GD and pregnancy induced hypertension which ends up with preeclampsia and premature baby at 34 weeks

3y ago

ano po sugar level nyo?

♥️