How do you approach your child when he/she doesn't like to continue at an enrolled summer lesson (in my case, piano lesson)? Our 5 y.o. does not want to continue anymore after 2 sessions only ? And she does not tell us why.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Kids have short attention spans and I figure they haven’t yet fully grasped the idea of seriously committing to one thing, and in this case, taking piano lessons for them can be seen as a heavy responsibility. At times like these, choosing a teacher that can make piano lessons seem more like a fun activity than a serious learning experience is important to keep children engaged in their classes. Coincidentally, I also enrolled my daughter in piano lessons and I was worried she’d back out but thankfully Adeline Yeo’s piano classes in Singapore made it a fun learning experience for my kid! You can try talking to your child again and have them try one more time, and maybe also try talking to your child’s piano teacher and see if they can tailor the lessons that would suit your child’s learning preference. :-) Hope this helps!

Magbasa pa