BABY NAMES?

Hola... I’m pregnant with my second child! My first born was a daughter, and her name is Kyra. For the second one, we still don’t know the gender yet but I was wishing that I had a boy so I can put a stop there with just 2 kids (1 boy & 1 girl) So to cut it short... my mother was telling me to not put my upcoming child name that sound similar like the first one because she said that they’ll probably share the same characteristics..? I don’t know. I wanted to name my second child, If it’s a girl... probably, Kylie since my first one was Kyra. If it’s a boy then Kyle. But my mother wouldn’t let me go cause it sounds similar. For me it’s easier though... What’s your opinion?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Was recommended Chinese name for my 2nd that sounded similar to my 1st so I rejected it. Came up with my own English name for both my kids starting & ending with the same alphabets. ☺️

VIP Member

You're the mother. It will always be your choice! If your mother doesn't like it, then get your mom to choose a nickname she's comfortable calling :)

Go with what you feel is good. Kylie or Kyle sound nice for either of the gender and I feel it’s okay to have children names that sound similar

VIP Member

My kids names start with the same 2 letters. I occasionally call them wrongly. But they definitely don't have the same personality. Haha

Super Mum

I think Kyle and Kylie are lovely names! Go with what you want:) your mum had her chance when it came to naming you. Now’s your turn!

Kylie is a lovely name and doesn't sound that similar to Kyra in terms of pronunciation. Go with your decision!

Kyle and Kylie are beautiful names. It’s your baby , you should choose and decide the names not anyone else.

I find it ok. U can name what u want. I’d go for similar names. Sounds cute

Characteristics are based on how the child is raised.. not based on name

you're the mum, go with your heart! :) Kylie and Kyle are lovely names!