Newborn Carrier

Hihi Mummies, need an opinion. Isit safe and suitable for us to use this kind of sling carrier for newborn? Or maybe like any sling carrier will do. Should be fine right? Or no?

Newborn Carrier
13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Based on the picture, the head and neck are not well supported with this carrier. Your newborn’s legs may also not be able to open so wide to sit like this. Probably more suited for 4months and above

I’m using this since my baby born, but only used it when she wanted to be carried to sleep (lying position) and not using it as sitting up..

Super Mum

Note that some babies that are stronger will kick and cry as they don't want to be carried. U will need to be careful when using this sling

Doesn't really help cz lot of effort needed to adjust it... I bought one.. But didnt use it as didnt feel the baby was safe

Super Mum

Pretty sure there's different position to carry a newborn, check on that. Some carriers have a newborn insert, too.

VIP Member

It is actually better than the modern carrier. I’m using it for my girl,

4y ago

Ok thanks alot! Hehe!

Super Mum

Get mini monkey sling. I find its much secure than this sling.

VIP Member

I saw an article saying that this has increased risk of SIDS

4y ago

Thanks for the info 😊

This carrier can carry newborn in lying position Is fine.

4y ago

Yup2 actually i think can be in lying position. Its just that the baby in the pics is not in a lying position. Lol. Thanks for ur reply 😊

Super Mum

If one hand is holding on to baby it is safe