Hi Parents! What do you think of Sex Education at a young tender age (primary school) ? For myself, I feel that "Curiosity Kills the Cat". My parents were never very intimate in our presence. There were lovingly sweet. But they explain to us that only husband and wife are allowed to hug and kiss each other intimately. When we watch TV together, we were told to close our eyes whenever there are intimate (kissing) scenes or they would change the channel for awhile. But back then, I don't remember much shows which have intimacy. Only after 11pm. Now, it is different though. There are so much shows that teach about romance, BGR and intimacy, even cartoons.. As for me, I never knew about sexual desires till we had sex education at primary 5 & indeed I started becoming curious & exploring. & I just keep wishing that Sex Education is not too detailed especially the levels of intimacy because that is where kids get ideas to do it and challenge each other.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its best to educate our children at a young age. You can start with our body parts and make it a casual thing instead of saying flower for the vulva and bird for the penis. Its never wise to give other names, we should name the thing or anything right. I always tell my son, to wash his body, neck, penis etc. And i go to the library and tell him about books as well with pictures. Nevertheless he does laugh and hoo ha about it sometimes. During moments like this ill ignore.

Read more