hi mums, do you think there's a big difference btwn those "branded" preschools vs. the "mainstream" ones? the price difference is huge and we've 2 kids.... kinda torn due to finances.....

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me I feel yes there is a difference between branded preschool vs normal preschool. Branded one is more willing in investing in developing their teachers e.g send teachers for training and courses quite often. Also, branded one they take a lot of initiatives to improve current teaching materials and philosophies. On the other hand, mainstream preschool teachers' pay is much lesser and less motivated to strive for teaching passion (but there are some teachers do have passion despite this factor). For me, I choose a balance between branded one and mainstream one. I am looking for a holistic development. I make sure I talk to principle, teachers, and visit the shortlisted schools and choose the one my child and I feel comfortable. It is very important that your kid is happy to spend time and learn in the school that you chose. If branded school focus too much on curriculum but neglect children's moral development I will not go for it too.

Read more