Bleeding during 8-9 weeks pregnant

Has any mummies went through bleeding during pregnancy in the early trimester? And what i mean by bleeding isnt spotting. Its like menstruating, only that you're not. I've been bleeding for more than 2 weeks. On and off, but sometimes its heavy; sometimes its light. Went to a&e twice and baby heartbeat is well. 1st visit, had my blood tested and my progesterone hormones came back good. Second visit, they assume that there might be bleeding in my placenta and started me on dydrogesterone to support my pregnancy. Even after taking it for a week, I'm still bleeding. Any advice?? Has anyone went through as such?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am experiencing this now. Irregular period previously ranges between 30-40 days. Went to A&E, was told that I am only at 5 weeks 5 days, but based on LMP of 28 days, I could be in my 7th week. So worrying. Doc prescribed duphaston and I had to go back 2 weeks later. She said there are 2 possibilities, either baby stopped growing at 5th week (if I am really in week 7) or I am really at week 5 so no heartbeat.

Read more
3y ago

oh dear. i hope baby is well for you. i have been on duphaston(5 weeks) and anti biotics(1wk). im currently in my 14th week. i just finished my dose and will be coming back fr check up next week, hoping all will be well on my end too. I hope both our babies will grow healthily. stay safe babe!!! rest well if you can. cause being a single working mommy doesn't allow me to do that ☹