Bleeding pregnancy

Has anyone had bleeding/spotting during pregnancy? How long does it last? Back story: i had bleeding since last friday. Went kkh on sunday to check and heartbeat is still there (not miscarriage). Doctor say it is ok and expected to have old blood for few days. It has been a week since the visit and im still having the old blood coming out. My next appt with kkh is in 1st week of july. What should i do? Currently taking folic acid and hormones pills given by the doctor. Pregnancy expected to be 7-8weeks now

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

had spotting since week 5 and immediately went to see doc , prescribed hormone pills and folic acid. had brown spotting every few days and stopped at week 10 , currently at week 11. week 9 baby heartbeat still growing strong. Next check up in week 12, very nervous for me too. some tips , don't move around too much and get ample rest. no sex or even madturbation as that release oxytocin that contraction and I resulted in 1 week spotting which gave me such a scare. take picture of your spotting ro measure spotting intervals and show the amount of spotting to your gynae. for heavy spotting I ask to revisit every 1.5 to 2 weeks .

Read more

I had spotting on week 6 and week 7 too, detected heartbeat, cervix was closed, doc also mentioned it could be old blood and was diagnosed as threatened misscarriage.. Continued monitoring and wasnt really holding any high hopes as I had experienced 2 early miscarriages before but fortunately for me, I went on to deliver a healthy baby this time round, i hope all turns well for you too, Its okay to worry and if you need assurance, its best to just go and check with doc..

Read more

I have bleeding/spotting the first trimester too. kkh did not check and I find out with private doctor is vaginal infection, due to hormones change environment is friendly for bacteria to grow. just take extra care and taking all the medicine. wil stop at second trimester

I had a similar experience as you. For me, the old blood and dried up blood clot took about 1 week-ish to clear. Gynae told me that as long as it’s not fresh blood, it should be okay. If you’re feeling uncertain, maybe you can call up your doctor to check?

I had on off bleeding with blood clots from week 28 all the way to the c section day whereby i delivered my bb gal. According to my gynae, it is due to low placenta condition. Admitted to NUH 3x before c section.

I had the same thing.. brownish discharge is fine as long it’s not fresh blood. After I started with the hormones pill discharge stops within a week.

I had bleeding for quite some time n sometimes old blood. I think mine stopped after i reached 2nd trim.. i think

I had bleeding and spotting to around week 8 and then week 11. so far it's all ok and I'm at week 15 now :)