Bleeding during 8-9 weeks pregnant

Has any mummies went through bleeding during pregnancy in the early trimester? And what i mean by bleeding isnt spotting. Its like menstruating, only that you're not. I've been bleeding for more than 2 weeks. On and off, but sometimes its heavy; sometimes its light. Went to a&e twice and baby heartbeat is well. 1st visit, had my blood tested and my progesterone hormones came back good. Second visit, they assume that there might be bleeding in my placenta and started me on dydrogesterone to support my pregnancy. Even after taking it for a week, I'm still bleeding. Any advice?? Has anyone went through as such?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had bleeding for 2 weeks. Bright red. I lived everyday for that 2 wks in fear. I went to A&E 3 times & even seeked a 2nd opinion and was prescribed duphaston by both hospitals but still wasn't a good news. My pregnancy was no longer viable. My advice is bed rest as much as you can during the 1st trimester. Avoid lifting heavy loads or do heavy chores. Just rest. I did just that when I found out I'm pregnant again. 24 wks currently.

Read more
3y ago

thats good for you! i hope all is well for you. and i pray the both of us have healthy pregnancies. went back to a&e last wk and they said baby is super active at 11 weeks. that's good news despite my bleeding. :/ but i cant deny how anxious i feel. its like im walking on ice and i have to watch every step i take.