No appetite @ 5wks pregnant

Had a glass of milk + slices of wholemeal bread and 2 slices of cheese for breakfast. But no appetite all of a sudden for lunch. How do mama’s cope with lost of appetite? What do you eat?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same! No appetite and lost 3 kg! This without vomitting. I changed to eating 5 small meals a day. Even in 2nd trimester, my appetite still small but managed to gain 1 kg back. I eat banana for breakfast and my cravings basically change every month or so. Initially I craved intensely for meat and had cold storage smoked duck, then changed to love blueberries and fruits like apple. I kept drinking orange juice etc. Now it's more of milk and snacks like cookies, energy bar etc. I still do eat homemade asian dishes and pasta. I make sure I cook the ingredients thoroughly and avoid certain types of fish and avoid most filter-type shellfish. In first trimester, sight of chicken blood makes me sick. In 2nd, I'm loving my chicken essence and chicken porridge and no feelings against chicken blood anymore. Pork dishes e.g. pork with potato slices, pork rib soup etc works well for both trimesters.

Read more
VIP Member

Try to have multiple small meals rather than 3 big meals. Also, more of liquid if you like juice, Soups etc. Preferrably all homemade to be safe. Also, try eating food with varying tastes e.g. sweet, sour, salty. Stop eating as soon as you feel like throwing up or just don't feel like taking another bite. Take a break and try something different again. Worked for me and despite have bad nausea, I never threw up. Good luck & take care!

Read more
VIP Member

I had the same experience with my first pregnancy, I just don’t really eat much. Doctor recommended me to eat every 1 - 2 hours.. in small portion. Anything you can, don’t force yourself. Thank goodness rn I’m pregnant with my second child and I can eat literally everything and have no issue with it. Jiayou mommy!

Read more

Try to eat very small meals. I often had milo and biscuits/bread, and fruits during my first trimester. The appetite will pick up when you’re in the second trimester.

VIP Member

Still have to try and eat something...Maybe milk or something light take care!

drink something at least