Gynae's absence

My gynae is currently out of singapore for a week and I really need to see another gynae for some advices. Anyone have similar situation like this? Usually i can just drop by but how to when my gynae is not around, i don't even know who is the acting gynae

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

my gynae also currently out of sg, and I'm currently 38-39 weeks, just hoping my water will not broke or any contractions until she comes back on Wednesday. 🙏 She did assign other doctor incase of emergency, but I still prefer her to deliver my baby

VIP Member

If your particular gynae is not around. Usually they see how urgency your case is. If you are required urg attention. Staff will re-assigned another gynae for that visit. If you think that yoyr case not urgent, can wait for your gynae to return

VIP Member

Do check with the nurses. Usually they can fix an appt for you with another gynae. If you are with a private hospital, you can request to see another gynae from e sane group.

TapFluencer

When gynae is our, there will usually be another gynae who takes over the cases for the original gynae. Check with the Nurses. They should know

VIP Member

Yes, my gynae recommended another gynae to stand in, in case of emergencies. Maybe you can check with the clinic?

You can always ask the clinic, they usually assign the patients to another doc if he/she is on leave.

Hi, Please do check with the nurse in the clinic. They sure must be able to help you :)

TapFluencer

Call the clinic and they can usually refer another doctor

5y ago

Lol i give birth already

Try asking the nurse. They usually have contacts