Feeling a severe detest for my husband

Going to be 36 weeks soon and im feeling hatred for my husband as the day passes. Im hardcore nesting but he just sleeps all day and helps out only when it requires heavy lifting. He will complain abt me being emotional, angsty and having to massage me and help me, but sill scold me if i carry heavy things or go arnd alone. Im thinking that if he cant be a good husband, what makes him be able to be a good father? I hate him so bad that im considering divorce. Am i being rash or is this valid?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like you are going through a challenging time during your pregnancy, feeling a strong sense of detest towards your husband. It's understandable to feel overwhelmed and frustrated, especially when you feel unsupported by your partner. It's essential to address these feelings and concerns openly and honestly with your husband. Communication is key in any relationship, and it's important to express your emotions and concerns to your husband in a calm and constructive manner. Let him know how you are feeling and the specific ways you would like him to support you during this crucial time. Consider seeking couples therapy or individual counseling to work through these issues together. A professional can help facilitate open communication, provide guidance, and offer strategies to strengthen your relationship. It's crucial to reflect on whether these feelings of detest are temporary due to the stress of pregnancy or if they are indicative of deeper relationship issues. Divorce is a significant decision, and it's essential to explore all possible avenues before making such a life-changing choice. Remember that both partners play a vital role in raising a child, and it's crucial to assess whether your husband can step up and be a supportive partner and father. If you believe counseling could help improve your relationship and provide clarity on your next steps, consider taking that step before making any drastic decisions. It's natural to experience fluctuating emotions during pregnancy, but addressing these feelings openly and seeking support can help navigate this challenging time more effectively. Your well-being and the well-being of your child are top priorities, so seeking professional help and support can be beneficial in finding a resolution. If you need further assistance or guidance, feel free to reach out to a counselor or therapist who can provide personalized advice tailored to your situation. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

💕