Wedding Red packet for cousin?

Do u give angpao according to market rate/venue or u will give more for cousin? My cousin is getting married, venue at lower end place, my parent force me to give $1k for 3 of us (3 adult 1 baby) do u think is too much? Try to nego wif my parent to give lesser, but she insist coz she said relative dont be so calculative (ps no face if give so little) What do u think?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's up to tradition and how some chinese people give to wedding couple be it family members/cousin or friends. For me you can choose to give separate envelope with whatever amount suitable or give in a single packet with 3 adults contribution. And for me Ill give based on average per table per pax or ill give based on cousin. Not based on market rate nor venue. Not that I am being calculative. But, rational lah hor 😅

Read more

Haha some of most of my own relatives actually gave me less than market rate 😂 I think just give whatever you’re comfortable with, don’t have to tell her how much you’re giving. Sometimes we are too used to listening to our parents but we are actually adults now already and independent :) personally I’ll just give slightly more than or market rate depending on how close I am to the person, relative or friends

Read more
12mo ago

cant nego the amt at all....🥲

lolol you can try saying give 888 sounds nicer. or 688. 1000 too many zeros not nice. 🤣🤣🤣

VIP Member

Give within your means