Confinement nanny’s angpao

Hello mummies I’m just wondering how much y’all give your CL for before and after angpao? My husband gave 100 on the day she arrive and she will be leaving next week. How much do you think we should give? She did help a lil but overall I’m not very impressed with her.

Confinement nanny’s angpao
20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine same worse. She overheated my breastmilk and gave to my newborn baby!! (Heated in 70 degree) wth She used to cook salmon everyday for me ( she kept one whole big piece for herself ) She insist to buy fruits like blueberry, strawberry,peach ( but only give me the amount that i can count within five fingers ) She asked my MIL to buy alot pork and porkribs, n she did stupid things. She go and boil all the pork n porkribs in one time and keep in the freezer again. Again wth, she bought fresh one and boil all things keep in the fridge so next time wont be so troublesome to cook but all the pork consider not fresh anymore. I end up throw all away the pork&porkribs. She asked my MIL to buy alot extra things end up i had to pay my MIL $600++ only for 8 days confinement food. What i impressed the most is when I asked her to go (agent come n picked her up), she took all my birdnest in the fridge. Omg,so greedy! That is the risk of those hire confinement nanny, no one is perfect, luckily last time I can changed the nanny is one week time

Read more
4y ago

Hahahha.. so greedy. Dont give her angpao lo😎😎😎😎

Not over reacting. I had bad experience with Cl too and gave her red packet on her last day (I ask her to leave early because having her around caused more stress than good). Totally regret giving the red packet and if I can go back in time, I would not give red packet on last day. They are already paid why should we give them additional when they’ve done a bad job. That’s rewarding them for a job poorly done and will reinforce that they can keep up their bad job and get away with it. Hope you feel better without the CL. Enjoy your time with your little one!

Read more
4y ago

Exactly! I told my hubs not to give anymore since he already gave her one big one. End up service like that!

Dont give anything !!!you know what before our helper move out we were thinking to give $500 as gift to say thank you for everything but 2 months before she move out everything changed all she does was sleep and force my baby also to sleep in afternoon and baby wont sleep at night ,wont blend baby food well etc watch tv shows and forgit food on stive then burn ,from then i learn we as mothers if possible have to do ourself for the kids so if she doesn't meet your need and make you happy no need ang poa laaaa😬🙈

Read more

I would have asked her to go earlier.. I seriously think that you are very tolerant and kind enough to think how much angpow to give her. whatever she did was maddening.. honestly, my own mom did point 1 and I asked her to stop coming after 1 week. Not sure about the practice cause I didnt hire CL before, if it's a must to give I think $8 or $18 imho.

Read more

I give 80 on the first day and 80 on last day. But reading your text above, it's horrible service. I will probably give 2dollars only. Why you never report or complain to agency?

VIP Member

Ok mummies! I’ve decided not to give as my hubs already given her enough! Thank you everyone for contributing your thoughts! (:. My baby girl send love to all!

Post reply image
4y ago

so adorable! i also had a quite bad experience with my cn and i empathise! it’s really tough coping after birth and still have to stress over a lousy cn.

VIP Member

I’m sorry you have to go thru this. But honestly you don’t have to give angpo at all. And if you hired her thru an agency, you can actually ask for a change

Don't give anything because angpao should be a reward for good (or at least acceptable) service and professionalism. And I would write her a very honest review.

I wouldn’t give any angbao at all. Very bad service and am surprised u put up with her for the entire month. I’d probably have sacked her after 1 week.

The reason why i wanted to just call catering and take care of lo myself before my parents wanted to help me do my confinment.. Are your parents or in laws busy?

4y ago

Must be hard for you