Hi my girl started solid late at 8mo as she was not ready then. So far she only takes oatmeal n fruit pureees. Recently i cooked tofu soup for her and she vomitted. Yesterday i blend the tofu with avo and banana and she vomit all out one hr later. Then we give her plain water she also vomit out. And milk thereafter she also vomit out. But shes not cranky nor fussy. All the vomitting happens silently and she did not cry or fuss at all. She dont seem discomfort. Could this be allergy? Or indigestion due to tofu? she is almost 11mo

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually tofu is not one of the best foods to start Baby off with. My gal had loose stools from tofu before and I stopped giving her. My mom doesn't like me to give tofu because she says tofu has this ingredient called Shi Gao in Chinese which is something to hold the tofu in place together as a cube and this is not good for babies

Read more

Maybe you can try to stop the tofu first. People often mistake tofu as a good choice for first food but it's not true. Tofu are hard to digest. Go for something easier to digest such as bananas, apples, Avocado, sweet potato, and others.

VIP Member

Too much tofu can be undigested too. probably start with porridge first? Tofu porridge.

Read more