My girl is 21 months now. Am thinking of transitioning her to drink fresh milk by the time she hits 2 years old. Do I still give her the same amount as I do for fm? She takes 200-230ml per milk feed, 3 times a day now. On a separate note, when can I start dropping feeds?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I normally take the cue from my kid. I don't offer the milk at home only when she (21 months too) ask for it. In school, they are offered the milk before nap and at tea break, normally I will inform the teacher it is fine if she wants to skip the milk should she is taking the solid food well. After one year old, milk is only a supplement to her diet as mentioned by Agnes. If she is eating well and having a well balanced and nutritious diet, can get all the nutrition that she needs from the food too.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, you can just offer her the same amount of fresh milk as formula :) After 1 year old, their main source of nutrients should be coming from food - milk is just a supplement and should not be where most nutrients come from anymore. I'd say to let your daughter drink for as long as she wants, drop when she starts rejecting milk :)

Read more
VIP Member

at 2 years old she should be eating pretty well already, milk will be a supplementary diet, and you can offer during breakfast and before bedtime. my kid drinks a small pack of UHT or a cup of fresh milk from 18 months old in the morning, and eats throughout the day.

VIP Member

I feel as long as your child ask for milk you can just offer her the same amount as she request. Milk is a supplement to your child's diet to enhanced her daily intake of nutrition as she is 21 month now so ensure she is having a well balanced & nutrition diet.