C-sect recovery essentials

Hi, first time mom here who likely needs to do a planned c-sect in June due to low placenta. May I ask, what are the recovery essentials that I need to prepare in advance? Will I need: - Special c-sect high waisted underwear? Right now my underwear are all low-cut, not sure if will touch the wound. - Waterproof plasters for the wound? So that I can shower without water touching the wound? For binder, I think I will get from TMC after delivery so the nurses can measure and get me the right size. Mmm...am I missing anything out? Thanks in advance 💛

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't really need special csect underwear. I just wore a normal high waisted underwear. Don't really need waterproof plaster tho as ur wound would alr be covered in a big waterproof dressing and it won't be opened till ur next gynae visit abt 1-2 wks later. At tt visit gynae will check if ur wound has healed well. If it has, u don't need to cover it anymore but just need to put keloid prevention cream/spray which u can ask ur gynae for if he doesn't prescribe u straight away. For me, this is the most impt as it helps to minimise the scarring and at 1 mo PP my scar is almost invisible. Some moms have v obvious raised scar as they didn't put the cream. I was also given a tip to place a clean sanitary pad across the wound for the few days aft the dressing has been removed so as to give some cushioning and as to prevent the wound frm getting rubbed against ur underwear.

Read more
3y ago

wow thank you so much for this detailed reply! that's really helpful! 😍

I used low waist underwear waterproof plaster and gel will be given by Gynae/hospital, u may check with them before make your own purchase