Hi mommies, I'm a first time mum & will be popping in abt 4 wks via c-sect and was wondering if u can advise on: (1) How soon will u produce breast milk after c-sect? (2) How soon will u get "period" (i understand there will be some bleeding after c-sect)? (3) what undergarments do u recommend? - panty that's comfortable on the c-sect wound yet holds pads well? - comfortable nursing bra? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I havent not been thru csect yet (two natural birth) I hope the following answer helps you! 1) Csect mummies usually will have their milk kick in day 4-5 but it really varies. so latch your baby on whenever you can. It helps to stimulate your milk flow to come in faster 2) The blood you see after csect it's called lochia. When i didn;t breastfeed, my period came back 2 months after my confinement. When i continue to breastfeed for my #2, my period came back 6 months after delivery. 3) I would go for disposable cotton high waist panties! I prefer using those padded tops. Uniqlo Airism is a good choice. I don't have to deal with nursing bra and clothes that isn't nursing friendly. Hope it helps!!

Read more
7y ago

one question though: how do u place yournursing pads in your airism tops? Do they hold well??

My milk kick in quite soon, my girl was brought to me for breastfeeding aft i returned to maternity ward. The nurse would bring her to me every 2 hours. Bleeding is immediate, u either prepare your own maternity pads or use the one provided by hospital, of coz u r charged for that. I used tena panty (brief.type)at Mt E novena, very comfortable. Been recommending my frens to use that during confinement. I bought my breastfeeding bra from Bove.

Read more
VIP Member

1. bm kicks in on the 3rd day after surgery 2. my period comes on the 3rd month 3. I'm using disposable fabric panties, the most important is the overnight pads is better than those thick maternity pads. I prefer use padded tank top then maternity bra, easier to bf, can wear anywhere, at home, outside, day and night 😊 I bought from shopee no brand

Read more