C-sect binder

Hi! I'll be doing c-sect at Thomson Medical Centre. I also have a postpartum massage package, which will start 3 weeks after c-sect (after getting clearance from gynae that the wound is okay). The massage will come with a binder that I'll get to keep. I understand that TMC also sells binder, but at a higher price ($66~) than what we can possibly source online. My question is, should I buy one binder first to bring to hospital and wear? Any recommendations? Or is it okay to wait 3 weeks? Thanks for the help! :) #1stimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nurse advised me to buy a binder at the pharmacy in the hospital. Cost me about $30-$40+ I think. You have to bind your stomach right after you’re back in your ward cause to support your stomach from moving too much while moving or walking. Really helps a lot. I did my post-party’s massage 1 week after my c-sect. My masseuse didn’t touch my wound area at all so it was bearable. I wore my binder 24/7 for a few weeks after c-sect. Not a good idea to wait 3 weeks cause you’ll feel all sorts of pain without it, to be honest. You’ll feel your stomach moving... ahhhh 😣 no no no.. get one before you go to the hospital or get someone to buy for you after you’re in your normal ward. Remember, buy one that is not too small or too big. I got a XXXL for myself cause I’m a plus-size. But after a couple of weeks in downsized to XXL and so on.

Read more

from my past experience, nurse will ask if u bring binder right after csec and put on for u at ops theatre (I didn't know must bring so I didn't🙄 and use the one from hospital which cost me $100+) so is advisable to get b4 csec