Binder after c sect

Hi, how do I wear binder after c sect? My c sect wound is quite Low and it is very uncomfortable for me to wear the binder Low especially when I sit down it will hurt. Do I cover the wound with the binder or there isn’t a need to actually? Can wear above the wound?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! Alot of people also recommended to continue wearing the binder even when i told them it was uncomfortable. I first took my binder out 1 week pp cos i was having bad hives/itch at the binder area. After my itch got better, i tried putting my binder back on but it was so uncomfortable for me and i felt like it was cutting into my wound whenever i sit. Some suggestions were to put a swaddle/small towel in between the wound area and the binder. You have to cover the wound with the binder (until hips area usually) so that there isnt much pressure exerted on your wound. Personally, I still found it painful even with the additional cloth between the binder and my wound so I didnt wear it at all. I still managed to recover and walk around slowly from weeks 2-4 pp, even without wearing the binder. I kept trying daily though (like wear

Read more
2y ago

Me too! I couldn wear it too but I wonder if it will obstruct or delay my recovery :/

gynae and nurse will guide you

3y ago

I already left the hospital