12 Replies

Your first appointment will be slightly longer than the subsequant appointments, other than those with the bigger tests etc. The nurses will take own all your details including your weight, height, your medical history etc. They will also ask you to do a quick usring test for to check for blood sugar. When your doctor sees you, she/he may do an initial scan to see if everything is okay and check the heartbeat, check your pressure, ask you how you're feeling, and go through your medical history with you. You can ask whatever questions you have at your first appointment.

My wife first appointment at kkh the visit will long. 1st take urine test, height and weight and blood pressure 2nd do scanning 3rd listen counsellor talk about down syndrome 4th blood test she been draw quite number of tube as for me also kana draw 1 tube not sure why also. 5th see gyne 6th take medication (long queue) 7th made payment. Best to bring someone along to accompany you cause very bored and long waiting game unless yours are private.

my 1st visit is 5weeks, they will measure yr height and weight, ask u to urine the 3 dotted color stick and measure yr bp, do scanning, letting u to see the baby inside and then u proceed to see the doc, doc will tell u the scanning result of the baby and after that will give u folic acid to eat

VIP Member

Weight and bp measurement, ultrasound scanning. Blood test will be taken at 2nd and third trimesters for screening of fetus genetic abnormalities and risk of gestational diabetes respectively.

Hi Congrats first of all! During my first visit at KKH, I did their routine urine test, height/weight and take pressure. You will also get to see a scan of your little one:)

From what I remember, they will take down the usual. Weight, height, urine test, blood pressure and ultra sound check etc.

Hi there! From what I remember itll be the routine checks like height, weight, urine, blood pressure then ultrasound.

Congratz! usually 1st appointment they will take the usual height,weight. blood pressure, and a ultrasound scan

Usually it will be the routine checks - height, weight, urine, blood pressure, ultrasound. Congratulation btw!

VIP Member

Be prepared for vaginal ultrasound if u are still in the early weeks!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles