Morning sickness and gastric remedy

Hi mummies! This is my second pregnancy but it’s different from the first. My morning sickness is horrible and lately I have been having gastric. It makes eating or drinking worst since I can’t stomach it for more than an hour. My lips are getting dry, which probably indicates I’m getting dehydrated. Can I get your advise on what is the best food or drink for me to take so I won’t throw up.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The feeling is horrible and I can completely relate! On my second pregnancy too and barely added any weight till weeks 26. Came to a point that my blood sugar level and iron was very low after my 17 weeks blood test. I tried these foods cause I had slight gastric issues - saltines (plain crackers) - whole grain bread (or any other dry bread) - macadamia and cashew nuts - lightly carbonated ginger beer (not the fake ginger ale) to help ease the burping or wanting to vomit feeling - lots of hot water to hydrate - drank hot soy milk for calcium - never skipped my prenatal vitamins cause that was really mostly my source of vitamins I avoided any sour fruits, any oily and spicy food. And I ate super small amounts like literally 4 bites and that’s it. I’ll try to hold it down for at least an hour just so the body will absorb as much as it can before I really have to throw up. I ate these small meals every 2 hours. And in between I would munch on nuts to give me energy and avoid and empty stomach. I hope this helps you. hopefully it’ll get better mid 2nd trimester or closer to the 3rd. Hang in there okay ❤️

Read more
2y ago

My Gynae did not prescribe me multivitamins. Just folic acid. Maybe I will ask for those vitamins. As for the nuts, maybe I will try that and the ginger beer. Thanks!

I’ve been having the worst morning sickness myself as well. I feel nauseous for the entire day and the lack of appetite is making it very difficult for me to eat anything. My gynea prescribed me some ridiculously expensive pills to take but it does not really work it’s magic. However I’ve came to realised that eating fruits (pears and strawberries) as well as tomato based food really helps , perhaps you can try that as well.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks so much! I will try to purchase some fruits to help me! I didn’t ask my Gynae for the pills at the point since I thought my morning sickness was bearable. 😂

Not sure if it’s the best food but I find the following food easy to eat when I am feeling very nauseous: 1) fragrant pear (it’s oval in shape) 2) Korean cold buckwheat noodles 3) cold soba 4) toast bread 5) subway tomato soup I can hardly drink plain water during my 1st trimester so I usually drink honey lemon water Hopefully it helps! Hang in there 💪🏻

Read more
2y ago

Fragrant pear sounds good! I have been craving for fruits lately, maybe I should listen to my body and purchase some. Thanks!

Nothing helped, tried all kinds of natural remedy, but eventually only medications from my gynae, " diclectin " from my gynae for the morning sickness and i ate gaviscon chewable tablet for my gastric and heartburn issues.

2y ago

I went to a GP and got a jab to stop the vomiting. It helped for about a day but it started again the next day. Will probably ask my Gynae for declectin

I went to ask for meds from gynae for my gastric or heartburn . I got the omeprazole and it helped tremendously.

Sipping carbonated 100plus works for me.