?

First baby, nervous , excited. How does giving birth feels like.... And with or without epidural? Most importantly wish to know how does contraction feels like? TIA mummies.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I had 3x contraction 3x all diff pattern. 1st from morning 10am i had this something like menses cramp and feel very little uncomfortable so didn't bother till about 7pm i realize the pain getting frequent like come and go away. I admitted then realising its contraction. 2nd time tummy were very hard no pain nothing just uncomfortable and tummy super hard. Just happen had gynae appt and get to know its contraction too. 3rd time the menses cramp feel is stronger and everytime it come it hurts to me my tolerance level very low. But it only lasted like 10 sec. Didn't bother since morning at about 8pm after my mcd they pain got so strong and the frequency like every 5 min feeling something is coming out want gek sai feel plus menses cramp. 11pm admitted unbearable pain.

Read more

contraction is like ur period nvr come for many mths n then the cramp come at one go plus back n hip pain,my tolerence is low so i took the epidural, after taking the epidural, it doesnt feel pain at all and im also glad that i can have a gd rest before my labour... becos of the epidural, i dun feel pain at all when they do the stitching after giving birth...

Read more
VIP Member

My contraction pain was like very severe backache. Whole body curved up and can't lie down at all. Without epidural but thinking of c sect half way through. The pain is unimaginable and many mother will say their pain tolerance level is low. The fact is it's really painful. No play play.. We are actually very strong💪🏻

Read more

I dont feel any pain even though my contraction started n was 3cm dilated when I admitted to hospital in 2 preg. but I kiasi. so I took epidural which was a saviour. no pain during labour. bb came out pretty fast btw 5 to 8 hours labour

VIP Member

Depends on your pain tolerance lvl.. with or without epi is all up to u.. dont let anybody else decide for u ok.. contractions in the beginning feels like period cramps.. it starts off mild den gets more n more painful

VIP Member

Contractions feels like really really intense versions of your menses cramps. With or without epidural will depend on your threshold. As my contractions were quite mild, I only took epidural after I was induced

first time too.. my contractions felt like on and off super bloated feeling but yet you can't let air out.. depending on your pain threshold, you can opt for epidural or not on the day of labour

VIP Member

Maybe my pain threshold is too low, cause once the contractions started came in every 5-10mins, am already asking the nurses for epidural to subside the pain. 😓 it's too unbearable for me.

I had mine without epi and was induced at 38 weeks. Induced contractions is known to be much more painful than natural, i hope all will be at ease for you!

Contraction felt like menses cramp . It’s really to the point that you can scream like those tv shows. But of course, i control and didn’t scream. Epidural is my BFF