Contraction Pain

Hi mummies! How does contraction pain feels like? I’m currently 36 weeks pregnant and I just wanna prepare myself ☺️

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I recalled having this “practice contractions” called Braxton Hicks. You may want to read up about it. It’s prepping your body for labor, comes and goes like menses cramps.. Of course during the real deal, the cramps will come on and off more frequently and will be many times more painful. Also depending on each individual’s pain threshold.. I downloaded the app called “Contractions” to time how far my contractions are apart before heading to the hosp.. :)

Read more
1y ago

Yes

Every one of us will feel contractions differently. For me the pain is so excruciating. Comes from my back to the front and intense heavy pressure in my vagina. No matter how I change my position, the excruciating pain is still there. Feels like someone was squeezing my insides hard and trying to force everything out. Imagine period cramps but 10 or 20x the pain. I have a high threshold of pain but with contractions, I give up.

Read more
VIP Member

currently in my 36 weeks too. I experienced having braxton hicks as early as 34 weeks. got admitted to the hospital twice bec of it. and im in full bed rest as of the moment. 😅anyways, im not sure what's the feeling of true labor, but for braxton hicks, tightening of tummy and at the same time feels like having heavy menstrual cramps.

Read more

To me it feels like period cramp keep coming and going on and off but do take note that if it keep coming on and off within 5 mins plus it is fast do straight away call the delivery suite and ask and do prepare for the things that you need to bring to the hospital if they ask you to go to the hospital immediately

Read more

no explanation can actually "prepare" you as all bodies are different.. my pain threshold is very high and I actually felt giving up and asking for epidural a few times. but trust your body and yourself when it comes to prepping for birth!

For now i ain't sure. But alot ppl says it feels like cramp. Mine like prep me soon. Nowadays having very bad ache.... Tightening of stomach n also slight cramps... (more n more day in day out) but jia u! U can de!

TapFluencer

2x contraction it's like menses cramp to me initially then it stronger and stronger. 1x totally no feel just uncomfortable feel tummy bloated but it's very very hard

TapFluencer

I had 3x contraction 3x all doff feeling. 1st time like menses cramp feel 2md time tummy super hard super uncomfortable 3rd time the pain is unbearable come and go in 3 min.

Read more

Is better for you to feel and experience it yourself . If you actually know how it feels it makes you more nervous during the actual day of your labour .

3y ago

True, I am now currently reading comments and it makes me feel more nervous.

Feels like a mixture of menstrual cramps and diarrhoea at the same time -feeling is weird and intense like u really need to go poo