What were the most important factors to consider before having a kid?

Finances, age, help, family?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First and foremost, it's crucial to evaluate your current financial situation and create a realistic budget for the additional expenses that come with raising a child. This includes not only the immediate costs like medical bills and baby gear, but also ongoing expenses like childcare, education, and extracurricular activities. One piece of financial advice I always give to new parents is to start saving for their child's future education as early as possible. Consider opening a 529 college savings plan, which offers tax benefits and can help you save for your child's future education expenses. Additionally, it's important to make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage in place to protect your family in case of unexpected events like illness or disability. This includes health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. Overall, having a child is a major life decision that requires careful consideration of many factors, including financial ones. As an part of accountant firm, I would encourage you to work with a financial planner to develop a comprehensive plan that takes into account your unique circumstances and goals. https://hrss.cpa

Read more

To me, the golden qns is do you really want to have kids and why? The more traditional Chinese see not having a child as unfilial to their parents. The more modern ones say the children will take care of you when you are old. Come on, look at myself, I am not even taking good care of my parents, but I expect that from my child? I would say don't do it because others tell you to, incl the government. If you decide to go ahead, I see little problems from other factors. Finance: there are parents bearing 5 kids in a small HDB, and parents only have 1 kid staying in a big landed house. The kids will still become adult one day. Age: there might be some problems if u are over the fertile age. But there are medical help you can engage. No guarantee but helps available. Sorry if I spread some negativity. YOLO! Stay healthy.

Read more

Time is an issue Money is an issue How u and ur s/o communicate regarding about future with baby is an issue Help not so much if ur hubz is helping Patience and tolerance is an issue (they will keep crying and you will not understand whats wrong with them but you will get to know.) And mom.. ur back (from pregnant ur back, gave birth alr u change pampers u bathe baby u carry baby.. rip ur back.. legit)

Read more

Is the person your partner with have a good charachter? Everything else easier , family, money, time etc If the person is a scoundral doesnt matter if your rich or poor life is gonna be hell for you. Even if your skint if you have parter with good character its still have blessing in it and the heart feels rich knowing your kids also grow up with good principals.

Read more
VIP Member

They are all important but not many have all factors when they have a child. I am an example. But at the end of the day, things will work out fine. Just don't over process the thoughts becos it kills the joy of the journey. Take it as it comes.

TapFluencer

I would say all of the above. You need to be completely prepared to have a child, in my opinion. I would also consider where I am career wise and if having a child will alter my career trajectory at all.

VIP Member

Definitely in that order(: But age I feel doesn't really matter if you're healthy and you have sufficient help from family.

All of the above but if I have to choose only one, I guess it's finance. $

Finances most important, and ability to support the child :)

Finance will be the most important factor for us