fellow mummies , how do you make fm normally? put room temperature water followed by hot water? or vice versa? and how you gauge if the temperature is just nice enough to dissolve the fm well? if there is residue leftover after feeding, does it mean its not been mixed well or does it means temperature is not hot enough to dissolve the powder? #FTM

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i normally will pour in normal temp water first then follow by some hot water . i will pour in slightly more water as i normally will test the water issit ok (not too hot ) by dripping some water on my hand. deb pour in milk powder. will use the swirl method to. dissolve the milk. yes some milk seem hard to.dissolve and we also.cannot shake the whole milk bottle which will cause bubble. so i will use a new chopstick purely for stirring milk . . that is how i do . hope it help

Read more
8y ago

hmm thats a good try.

I will normally mix the hot and room temperature water together to test the temperature 1st before adding the formula in. Alternatively, if you have an airport with the temperature, it will be useful. Normal temperature is about 65 degrees. With residue behind, usually it is not mixed properly.

Read more
8y ago

what do u mean by airport with temperature?

My cousin would add cooled boiled water to warm water to get the temperature that is suitable for baby to drink. Then add in the powder. As a very very general guide, she found around 6:4 of cooled:warm water generally works for her. Hope this helps! :)

Read more
8y ago

what do u mean by cooled boiled water? meaning to warm it up by using the boiled water instead of putting in the boiled water directly into the bottle ? is that time consuming to wait for that?

VIP Member

What i do is, i will put room temperature water 1st, hot water only need 10-20ml depend on the amount of room temperature water. Than i will put the fm and use swirl method to dissolve the fm.

8y ago

yeah i dont shake the bottle to dissolve too. but sometimes there will be residue leftover sometimes there wont. so i also not sure what is the issue.

I will pour room temperature water after that follow by boil water and lastly would be milk powder. and swirl the bottle instead of shaking it.

I would pour the room temperature water then top up with the hot water around 20ml. I will also swirl the milk bottle instead of shaking it.

for my 1st 2 kids, I pour 1/5 hot water den 4/5 room temp water. Finally the fm. n shake the bottle.

Hot water first, then room temp water, fm, then shake until no residue

VIP Member

Room temperature, hot water then fm. But I guess no standard way.

TapFluencer

noticed some fm more difficult to dissolve than others