Feeling depressed

Feeling really depressed as it seemed like baby doesn't like me... He cries so much when I carry him and refuse to sleep, but seemed so calm when my MIL or confinement nanny carries him and sleeps soundly. My MIL and nanny also kept making comments such as its because the way I carry the baby is uncomfortable for him, I dont know how to carry him, I am not good at calming him etc, I'm slow in diaper changing, I can't understand his cries etc... My MIL blames me whenever baby cries too. I'll be the only one taking care of him once the nanny leaves as my family will be working in their respective offices. I'm not confident that I'll be able to handle him alone and put him to sleep etc. It's only 3 weeks since baby is out and I feel like a failure as a mom already.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel exactly how u feel actually and I fully agree with all e comments here. Mine is 2 mths and there's still so much learning from each other (baby and mother). First time mum would likely b inexperienced and obviously not do as well as MIL and CL. But our mother instincts would be present. Bb feels our insecurity and fear and can only cry to communicate. Bb doesn't quite know so dun take it personally like thinking bb doesn't like u. He will find out who is his mummy in few onths. And I experienced e same except that CL was the one blaming me. They should teach u the right ways or give tips and not blame since it is not constructive.

Read more