Giving birth

Will you feel the tear below while giving birth? How about when the doctor is stitching you up? Please share your birth stories with me as am a first time mum and very nervous with no pain tolerance so not sure of what to expect

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did episiotomy and didn’t really feel the cut as contractions pain were greater since I didn’t use any pain relief. The stitching was painful for me as the doctor only came to stitch me up about 2hrs after delivery. But my case is because I am on subsidised route so no gynae was around to stitch me right after delivery. The recovery was alright, took me about 1 week for the stitches and uncomfortable feeling to be gone.

Read more
4y ago

How is the pain like for stitching? And you have to wait in the delivery room for them until they came over to stitch?

I had an episiotomy. Didn’t feel anything when Gynae cut/stitch me up as I took epidural. But the pain after was quite uncomfy for me. Currently in my 2 weeks postpartum and still feeling the sore down there. Slight difficulty in walking and especially sitting down. Important to get plenty of rest after delivery, so get all the help you can.

Read more
VIP Member

First time mom here...I really didn't know about the stiches and the cut..after giving birth the doc started stiching it I didn't even feel pain there was slight pain but it was like poking a needle which occurred rarely . If I had known I would have made a scene since Iam scared of cuts😅but it went good 😊

Read more

Im a first time mum. Didnt take epidural.. i felt a sharp pain when dr cut down there. When stitching, didnt feel anything. For me, the pain was the intense contractions😅

Had epidural dont feel a thing. The doc just did a small cut and a perfect stitch! Ftm here too

Super Mum

I used laughing gas. cant feel the episiotomy but the stitching was quite painful.

I had a episiotomy , first time mum here ... felt a little uncomfortable .

VIP Member

I took epidural so didnt really feel pain.. maybe 1/10

Was on epidural, cannot feel anything