Anxiety on giving birth :(

Im having anxiety on giving birth and its scary. I have low tolerance of pain and I don’t know what to expect. Currently 31 weeks & 4 days. How do you overcome the fear and pain? Mind sharing? FTM here

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too! I have the exact same anxiety as well. I have low tolerance pain too. I’ve got to be honest, contractions hurt like hell for me. And it only gets worse as the hour goes by. I started feeling menses-like cramps on the morning of the day before my EDD. After that the pain was a totally different kind of pain that you’ve never experienced before as a woman. So I knew this had to be it. It came and go from morning till night and you got to time your contractions too. I didn’t take any pain reliever whatsoever. Just lie down and keep switching sides when then pain came. Practice deep breathing now. You’ll need it if you don’t want to take epidural. I didn’t want to feel any more of the painful contractions so I took epidural and I couldn’t push at all as my legs were super numb. Bear in mind when you’re already 10cm dilated and it’s time to push, they WILL lower the epidural dosage to the point where you can feel all the contractions again. I felt it only this time it was much much more painful than I had remembered before the epidural. In the end, after 10hrs of labour and “empty pushes”, I was wheeled in for emergency c-sect as my baby was still high up even after I was fully dilated. So I didn’t manage to feel the pain of giving birth naturally but recovery period after a c-sect is so much more difficult than normal delivery. However both doesn’t make you less of a mother. So practice deep breathing and remind yourself in the delivery suite, this will be over soon and it will be worth every pain.

Read more

I felt the same way too when I was nearing to my EDD! I told myself to take it easy, just follow what the nurse and doc says on the day itself. Previously I heard from mummies if you want epidural better to ask for it earlier as the anesthesiologist can take up to an hour to arrive.. so I asked for it when the pain level reaches ard 6/10 which felt like serious back ache (like someone stabbing my back) more than tummy cramps. It’s the best decision made cause the pain level dropped to 0 and I can chat n laugh with my hubby. When it’s time to push, it wasn’t painful for me just really really tiring as it took me 30-45 mins to push as my baby is not in the ideal position. I was literally breathless, super shag after delivery. In any case, try not to google so much in detail or watch delivery video. Just go with the flow on that day, you’ll be fine!

Read more

Happens to every mums, new or experienced so you're not alone. Labour pain is very intense so it's normal to feel anxiety and scared. If you can't handle the pain, ask for epidural. Saves you from rolling on the bed, screaming and crying. You can even go to sleep even with the crazy contractions going on. Listen to your gynae. When it's time to push, then you push. Labour can be very exhausting so all the best!

Read more

Hi, also FTM here. I also felt the same on the earlier stage of 3rd trimester. I just always think that sooner Im gonna see my little girl. This encourages me to look forward on the upcoming days. Now im running 38 weeks and never been this excited my whole life. Enjoy your pregnancy Mummy. Trust me you’ll be okay. 🙂

Read more
Super Mum

I have the same anxiety too! But thinking that I will be able to see my girl soon motivate me. Epidural is always an option . It’s really a god sent! Trust the doc and hope u have a smooth delivery .

Super Mum

Trust the doctor and nurses. Listen to them, follow their institution